[Mne_analysis] Visualizing mne_compute_raw_inverse results

Matti Hamalainen msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Thu May 14 18:11:00 EDT 2009

Hi Andrés,

On May 14, 2009, at 5:57 PM, Andres Felipe Salazar Gomez wrote:

> Hi MNE users,
>
> I have been having problems trying to visualize the results obtained
> with
> mne_compute_raw_inverse.
>
> After using the mne_compute_raw_inverse I get a file of the type
> <name>_raw.fif. In the mne-manual is stated that this file can be
> viewed
> with mne_browse_raw. When loaded I am not able to see the waveforms.
> If I
> start mne_analyze from mne_browse_raw and select a inverse operator
> the
> following error is prompted:
>
> "All channels needed were not in this raw data file".
>
> If I use another inverse operator the same problem is prompted.
>
> Any idea on how to solve this problem?

You need to make your own channel selection from Adjust/Selection...
because the channel names relate to the sources rather than sensor
space channels.

This file cannot be really viewed in mne_analyze at all. The channels
in the file are results of the inverse calculation and, therefore, you
cannot expect to be able to apply the inverse operator to them again.

I hope this helps

- Matti

---------

Matti Hamalainen, Ph.D.
Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
Massachusetts General Hospital

msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu