[Mne_analysis] Compute SSP operator on EEG data

Matti Hamalainen msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Sat Nov 21 10:25:00 EST 2009

Dear Marnie,

On Nov 20, 2009, at 7:24 AM, Marnie Shaw wrote:

> Dear MNE users,
>
> I'm trying to compute an SSP operator to remove eye blink artifact
> from simultaneous EEG and MEG data.
>
> Using mne_browse_raw, and the button 'Compute a new SSP operator', I
> get an SSP operator for the MEG data which works fine. Is it
> possible to get and apply an equivalent operator for the EEG data?

The newest experimental MNE version (2.6.5) on the web site computes
SSP operators for EEG as well. When  you make the SSP operator as
usual, EEG projection items are offered as well. It is, of course,
crucial to remove the bad channels from the data before calculating
the SSP operator. This feature has not been much tested, proceed with
caution.

Best,
Matti

---------

Matti Hamalainen, Ph.D.
Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
Massachusetts General Hospital

msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu