[Mne_analysis] plotting from MATLAB

Gustavo Sudre gsudre at pobox.com
Sun Sep 20 15:34:35 EDT 2009

Hello,

I see that the MNE toolbox has some functions to import Freesurfer
surfaces into MATLAB, but I'm having trouble figuring out what's the
correct surface to load if I want to plot my source localization
results from within MATLAB. Basically, what I do now is write a .stc
file in MATLAB and then open it in MNE to see the results of my
analysis overlaid on the brain. I'd like to be able to import the
surface into MATLAB and plot these results without having to write
the .stc file.

The problem I have now is finding the surface that matches the correct
number of vertices I have in my solution. Should I be able to load any
of the surfaces in $SUBJECTS_DIR/mysubject/surf, and matching the
vertex number in the info structure from the source localized data,
plot the results in MATLAB? If so, do I just assume the results for
the vertices not present in the info structure to be zero?

Thanks,

Gus