[Mne_analysis] plotting from MATLAB

Matti Hamalainen msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Mon Sep 21 07:42:11 EDT 2009

On Sep 21, 2009, at 7:09 AM, Pavan Ramkumar wrote:

> Hi Gus,
>
>> plot the results in MATLAB? If so, do I just assume the results for
>> the vertices not present in the info structure to be zero?
>>

> If I understand correctly, your assumption would be right for a
> smoothing
> level (# smooth steps) of 0. If not you may need to precompute your
> smoothing matrices as described in section 8.3 of the manual. I
> think the
> neighborhood information of the vertices can be computed from their
> coordinates if you calculated your source space with the '--cps'
> option.
>
> I'm not sure if there is an easier way but I may be wrong on this.
> If you
> do find out please let me know.

Hi Gus,

Unfortunately, the neighborhood information is never in the source
space files, you need to recompute it. Besides, you usually want to
visualize the data on a surface other than the one in the source space
file. You can start by loading the inflated surfaces

s =
mne_read_surfaces
('inflated',true,true,true,'sample',getenv('SUBJECTS_DIR'),true);

Then you need to look at the tris member of each surface returned and
figure out the neighboring vertices.

I hope this helps

- Matti

---------

Matti Hamalainen, Ph.D.
Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
Massachusetts General Hospital

msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu