[Mne_analysis] trigger information

Adrian KC Lee akclee at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Mon Apr 5 16:45:00 EDT 2010

Hi Ricky

Did you see the buttons triggered in your acquisition? Sometimes, when
people use the MEG at Martinos, they don't switch back Ch.5-8 to the
correct (hold "hi" configuration... see the diagram on the side of the
equipment rack). If that was not in that configuration and if you
don't see the pulses when you acquire, then you basically didn't
record the responses.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
KC

On Apr 5, 2010, at 4:07 PM, rsachdev at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu wrote:

> Thank you for the help, but I don't think it is a syntax issue.  It is
> more... did the scanner store the button responses in the STI channel.
> When I run the command, it writes out the .eve file with relevant
> information. It is just missing the critical button response
> information.
> Is there another way to process the raw file and hopefully extract the
> response triggers?  Mne_browse_raw also shows no response triggers.
>

> -Ricky
>

>> Hi Ricky,
>>
>> I think the problem may be a simple syntax issue.
>>
>> The first question to answer is is there a triggers directory in the
>> directory you run the command from? (i.e. can you "ls ./triggers/")
>>
>> Is the file written?
>>
>> If the answers to these are "Yes" and "no", try using "./triggers/
>> CPLEX_01_V12.eve" instead of without the "./". You may want to
>> consider using the full path to data in future calls to commands to
>> avoid issues like these (environment variables can be very helpful
>> for keeping these simple).
>>
>> Good Luck!
>> Dan
>>
>> On 5 Apr 2010, at 20:41, rsachdev at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu wrote:
>>
>>> output:
>>> mne_process_raw version 2.28 compiled at Dec 15 2009 08:56:37
>>> 64-bit architecture. Using 2000.00 Mbytes for ring buffers
>>>
>>> --- Setting up the filter ---
>>>
>>> Using a 4096-point FFT in filtering of raw data with 2048-sample
>>> tapers
>>> bandpass =    0.0 (   0.0) ...   40.0 (   5.0) Hz
>>> filter is on
>>>
>>> --- Opening raw_data/CPLEX_01_V1_raw.fif ---
>>>
>>> No compensation data in raw_data/CPLEX_01_V1_raw.fif
>>> Compensation in file : uncompensated
>>> Setting up compensation data...
>>>        No compensation set. Nothing more to do.
>>> No compensation was requested.
>>> A new compensation value (uncompensated) was assigned to 306 MEG
>>> channels.
>>> No SSS data in raw_data/CPLEX_01_V1_raw.fif
>>> Data skip of 22800 samples in the beginning
>>> 0 bad channels read from raw_data/CPLEX_01_V1_raw.fif
>>> filter :   0.000 ...   40.0 Hz   bins : 0 ... 545 of 4097 hpw : 3
>>> lpw : 34
>>> Highpass filter will work as specified.
>>> Initial dc offsets determined
>>> Raw data file raw_data/CPLEX_01_V1_raw.fif:
>>>        nchan  = 389
>>>        nsamp  = 143400
>>>        sfreq  = 600.615  Hz
>>>        length = 238.755  sec
>>> 268 events found in raw_data/CPLEX_01_V1_raw-eve.fif
>>> Trigger channel : STI 014 max_event : 41
>>>
>>> --- Saving events (leading edge) in text format to
>>> triggers/CPLEX_01_V12.eve ---
>>>

>>> --- Complete ---
>>>
>>> -Ricky

Adrian KC Lee, ScD

Instructor
Radiology at Harvard Medical School
Department of Radiology, MGH
Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging

Research Associate
Department of Cognitive & Neural Systems, Boston University

Director of BAMBI
Boston-Area Machine-Brain Interfaces outreach program
National Science Foundation Science of Learning Center
Center of Excellence for Learning in Education, Science and Technology

Email: akclee at alum.mit.edu
Website: www.akclee.com