[Mne_analysis] Ignore Values in Average/Covariance Definition Files?

Matti Hamalainen msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Thu Aug 12 14:20:30 EDT 2010

Hi Per,

You need to use MNE version 2.7 and specify the --digtrigmask option
to mne_browse_raw/mne_process_raw or use the MNE_TRIGGER_CH_MASK
environment variable, see section 4.2.1 of the MNE manual.

- Matti

On Aug 12, 2010, at 2:15 PM, Per Lysne wrote:

> Hello All,
>
>     Several of my subjects has been run with a malfunctioning input
> device which has caused bit 12 of the input to remain high - i.e. a
> constant value of 4096 has been added to STI101. I am trying to
> eliminate this value using the ignore field in the average and
> covariance definition files (ignore 4096) but mne_process_raw keeps
> telling me no events are found. The attached file functions
> correctly when the 4096 offset is not present and ignore is set to
> zero.
>
>     Is 4096 within the range of this field? Thanks,
>
> Per Lysne, MIND Research Network
>
> #
> #       These are comments
> #
> cov {
>         name            "Experiment Name"
> #
> #       Output files
> #
> #       outfile         out-cov.fif
> #       logfile         out-cov.log
> #
> #       Rejection values
> #
> #       gradReject      50e-12
> #       eogReject       250e-6
> #       eegReject       -1
> #
> #       magReject       3e-12
> #
> #       What to include in the covariance matrix?
> #
>         def {
>                 name    "Left Cue"
>                 event   21
>                 ignore  4096
>                 tmin    -0.500
>                 tmax     0.000
>         }
>         def {
>                 name    "Right Cue"
>                 event   22
>                 ignore  4096
>                 tmin    -0.500
>                 tmax     0.000
>         }
> }

---------

Matti Hamalainen, Ph.D.
Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
Massachusetts General Hospital

msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu