[Mne_analysis] error creating geometry file

rsachdev at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu rsachdev at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Sun Aug 15 13:12:14 EDT 2010

Hello,

I am getting this error for one of my subjects when I run the
mne_setup_forward_model(mne_setup_forward_model --subject --surf --ico 4).

Going from 5th to 4th subdivision of an icosahedron (ntri: 20480 -> 5120)

outer skin  CM is   1.26  -5.30   7.83 mm
outer skull CM is   1.28  -5.09   7.35 mm
inner skull CM is   0.84  -9.45  16.70 mm
Checking that outer skull surface is inside outer skin  surface...[ok]
Checking that inner skull surface is inside outer skull surface...[failed]
Surface outer skull is not completely inside surface inner skull(sum of
solid angles = -4.31123e-16 * 4*PI).
Could't create the geometry file

Any idea why the outer skull might not be completely inside the inner
skull?  Should I run the outershift or innershift with the command?

Thank you,
-Ricky