[Mne_analysis] What Surface to use for a Morphed Cortex?

Per A Lysne lysne at unm.edu
Wed Aug 25 12:55:29 EDT 2010

Hello Again,

     I am trying to do an analysis in a standardized
coordinate space (either MNI or Talairach will work) and
have morphed all of my subjects onto the fsaverage brain
using the --morph option in mne_make_movie. I ask for stc
output corresponding to the entire cortex with the --label
option, and each subject's output shows 10242 vertices
(using the default of --morphgrade 5). However, I am
unsure of how to determine the standardized coordinates
for these vertices. I assume all subjects are in the same
space following the --morph option? If so, what surface
can I load to get the appropriate coordinates? The
pre-morph fsaverage surface appears to have a different,
larger number of vertices. (My forward solutions are all
created with --mricoord.)

     Ultimately I hope to identify a set of vertex numbers
which are common across all subjects (after the --morph)
and to perform an analysis on these timecourses.

     Thanks,

Per Lysne, MIND Research Network