[Mne_analysis] What Surface to use for a Morphed Cortex?

Per Lysne plysne at mrn.org
Wed Aug 18 17:53:48 EDT 2010

Hello Again,

    I am trying to do an analysis in a standardized coordinate space (either
MNI or Talairach will work) and have morphed all of my subjects onto the
fsaverage brain using the --morph option in mne_make_movie. I ask for stc
output corresponding to the entire cortex with the --label option, and each
subject's output shows 10242 vertices (using the default of --morphgrade 5).
However, I am unsure of how to determine the standardized coordinates for
these vertices. I assume all subjects are in the same space following the
--morph option? If so, what surface can I load to get the appropriate
coordinates? The pre-morph fsaverage surface appears to have a different,
larger number of vertices. (My forward solutions are all created with
--mricoord.)

    Ultimately I hope to identify a set of vertex numbers which are common
across all subjects (after the --morph) and to perform an analysis on these
timecourses.

    Thanks,

Per Lysne, MIND Research Network