[Mne_analysis] using phantom data

Matti Hamalainen msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Dec 15 15:10:54 EST 2010

On Dec 15, 2010, at 3:00 PM, Magyari, Lilla wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Maybe someone will be interested later in the answer for my question.
> I have realized that it is possible to create a volumetric or discrete
> source space of arbitrary located source points, and to create bem
> meshes from ascii files with the mne_volume_source_space and
> mne_surf2bem utilities. They are described in the tutorial. Sorry for
> the unnecessary posting.

Hi Lilla,

Also, note that you can readily use the spherically symmetric
conductor model in the forward calculation by using
mne_forward_solution directly rather than the mne_do_forward_solution
wrapper script.

Unfortunately, there are no volume data visualization tools in MNE.
You need to use the FreeSurfer tools for this.

- Matti