[Mne_analysis] Source points omitted with mne_forward_solution

Matti Hamalainen msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Thu Feb 25 16:03:57 EST 2010

On Feb 25, 2010, at 3:53 PM, Andres Felipe Salazar Gomez wrote:

> Thank you Matti,
>
> Unfortunately, even when I do not use the --mindist option I still get
> these sources omitted.
> I want to be sure the whole pipeline of process I have done are
> correct,
> to be confident the inner_skull, outer_skull and outer_skin files are
> correct (although they were checked on tkmedit) and that the sources
> are
> well placed (this was checked using MRILab).
>
> Can the lack of these omitted sources affect a source localization
> results?
>
> Also, in case anyone has done this before, does MNE has any tool to
> convert the sources (*.pnt files) to a format tkmedit can read in
> order to
> plot the three boundaries (inner_skin, outer_skull, inner_skull) + the
> sources? I want to see the sources that are crossing the boundary
> (in case
> this can be visible)

The remaining omitted points are outside the inner skull and nothing
can be done about that. Omission should not be a serious problem.

You can plot the BEM surface vertices in MRIlab as well, see manual
Section 3.7.

- Matti

---------

Matti Hamalainen, Ph.D.
Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
Massachusetts General Hospital

msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu