[Mne_analysis] X errors for remote access to MNE 2.7

Tavabi, Kambiz TAVABIK at email.chop.edu
Wed Jan 20 09:58:22 EST 2010

Dear MNEusers,
Since having installed MNE 2.7 on a x86-64bit machine running  kernel 2.6.18-164.10.1.el5 of CentOS, and NVIDIA driver v. 190.53 I can no longer remotely access the mne programs. It appears that the problem is only encountered using a remote session either VNC or an SSH session with X11 forwarding. In these cases both mne_analyze and mne_opengl_test result in errors. mne_analzye returns a Desired visual not found. Segmentation fault error, and the opengl test returns:
mne_opengl_test version 1.1 compiled at Dec 21 2009 19:47:38
nvert = 140970
ntri = 281936
GLUT_WINDOW_BUFFER_SIZE 32
GLUT_WINDOW_RED_SIZE 8
GLUT_WINDOW_GREEN_SIZE 8
GLUT_WINDOW_BLUE_SIZE 8
GLUT_WINDOW_DEPTH_SIZE 24
GLUT_WINDOW_ALPHA_SIZE 8
500 x 500
X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no such
operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  144 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  181 ()
  Serial number of failed request:  38
Segmentation fault

I wonder if anyone has encountered this problem? Is it possible that the newest Nvidia driver may be causing an issue with MNE? Perhaps rolling back a version or two? Can anyone recommend nvidia drivers they're using successfully?

Kambiz Tavabi PhD
Biomedical Imaging Laboratory
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
34th Street and Civic Center Boulevard