[Mne_analysis] comparing dSPMs between conditions with different numbers of trials

Chun-Hsien Hsu u7305020 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 04:17:26 EDT 2010

Dear MNE users,

I have a question about comparing dSPMs between conditions with different
numbers of trials. I read it from previous messages in the mailing list that
one should use the same inverse model for different conditions. Does it
mean to create a inverse model by estimating the noise covariance from all
trails, and then apply it on different conditions?

In another words, while visualizing the dSPMs in the windows of mne_analyze,
can I use the inverse model, which is created by the noise covariance from
all trails, with a measurement file which is the averaging of part of
trials? If this is correct, should I keep the value of "nave" as "-1", or
use the number of all trials instead?

Hope I have made my questions clearly. Thanks.

Chun-Hsien Hsu