[Mne_analysis] ssp

Wiltrud Fassbinder wiltrud.fassbinder at wiltrud.com
Tue Jun 29 13:42:55 EDT 2010

I have a question about ssp. Participants in my study have a high rate
of artifacts (they are elderly), and we are exploring using ssp vectors
from a fun in which participants look at a dot of light for one minute
on the experimental condition data. Obviously there are tradeoffs here -
the more you apply vectors the more you probably also lose meaningful
data. My question is: When creating the ssp vectors, is it better to
create them from a longer segment or a shorter segment? Is there a
minimum amount of time that should be used?
Thank you,
Wiltrud Fassbinder

Wiltrud Fassbinder, Ph.D.
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Communication Sciences and Disorders
School of Health and Rehabilitation Science
University of Pittsburgh

Research Associate
Department of Audiology and Speech Pathology
VA Pittsburgh Healthcare Center