[Mne_analysis] convert from vertex number to MNI

Matti Hamalainen msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Mar 9 19:42:25 EST 2010

Hi Gus,

On Mar 9, 2010, at 7:21 PM, Gustavo Sudre wrote:

> I see that in mne_analyze it's possible to get the MNI coordinates
> for selected vertices. How can I have access to the transformation
> used there? In other words, if I have a list of vertices in matlab,
> how can I get their MNI coordinates (and vice-versa)?

I a few easy steps:

1. Use mne_collect_transforms to make a fif file containing all the
coordinate transforms you need, see Section 9.9 in the MNE manual.

In Matlab:

2. Load the surface(s) of interest using mne_read_surfaces or
mne_read_source_spaces

3. Using mne_transform_coordinates, transform the coordinates of the
vertices in the structures returned in step 2 to the desired
coordinate frame.

I hope this helps,
Matti

---------

Matti Hamalainen, Ph.D.
Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
Massachusetts General Hospital

msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu