[Mne_analysis] using inverse matrix from MNE

Erik B Beall ebeall at gmail.com
Wed May 19 19:49:07 EDT 2010

I have a question about using the inverse matrix computed using MEG
data in MNE from a visual evoked experiment.  I have two scans, both
visual evoked experiments, and I want to take the inverse matrix (and
associated noise covariance matrix) computed during scan 1 and apply
it to scan 2.  I don't think there is a way to do this using the
compiled MNE, but I have been trying to use the matlab toolbox code to
read in the matrices (forward solution, inverse matrix and noise
covariance matrix) I've dumped from MNE run on scan 1.

My question is, is there a way to apply the solution for scan 1 to
scan 2's dataset?  Can I do this using the matlab toolbox or is there
a way to do this using MNE itself?  Does anyone know of specific
matlab commands from the MNE toolbox that
would allow us to do this?  I had thought mne_read_inverse_operator.m
was the right command to read it
in, but I don't know how to use the matrix once read in.  Is there a
toolbox command for
applying it to the other dataset?  Thanks,
Erik Beall