[Mne_analysis] MEG SNR

Hari Bharadwaj hari at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 9 17:30:28 EST 2010

Hi Avniel,

Comparing the spectra of raw MEG with the spectra obtained from MEG
recorded with no subject (empty room data) if you have access to it might
not be a bad way to set the SNR values.

We use 3  for the SNR of unaveraged data. This seems to agree roughly with
the size of the spectra of resting state MEG and empty room MEG (atleast
upto 55 Hz). We have a triple shielded room though.

Regards,
Hari

On Tue, November 9, 2010 4:15 pm, Ghuman, Avniel (NIH/NIMH) [F] wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Does anyone know of a good reference regarding the approximate SNR of
> unaveraged neural activity measured by MEG?  I just need a ballpark
> estimate.  Many thanks in advance.
>
> Avniel Ghuman, Ph.D.
> Postdoctoral Research Fellow
> Laboratory of Brain and Cognition, NIMH