[Mne_analysis] shift in freeview

Daniel G Wakeman dgwakeman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 21:23:52 EST 2010

Dear Alexander,

This question is probably better off answered on the freesurfer list than the MNE list, since it is a freesurfer question (mne_watershed_bem simply uses freesurfer to generate the surfaces (as described in the manual)). My suspicion is that freeview (which I believe is still in beta), is utilizing the nifti origin, while by default freesurfer calculates surfaces with it's own origin (http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/CoordinateSystems).

If you only care about the visualization, the easy thing to do would be to

first find out what coordinate frame it does use
second read in the surfaces in matlab (for example) and perform the translation (plus any rotations if necessary, though it doesn't appear as though that is).
Save these new surfaces under different names (so as not to cause problems with your MNE calculations). e.g. inner_skull.freeview
Then use these for visualization.