[Mne_analysis] mne video creation view point

Matti Hamalainen msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Fri Oct 22 16:11:33 EDT 2010

Hi Ali,

On Oct 22, 2010, at 1:12 PM, Arslan, Ali wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to export movies with mne_make_movie and I want to be
> able to change the camera's viewpoint.
> the only option I could find was --view, and it doesn't take any
> coordinates as far as I can see. Is there a way to specify camera's
> angle and position, or just rotate the surface?
> Also, what are other options addition to 'lat' view?

Here is the description of the --view option from section 6.5.5 of the
MNE manual:

--view <name>

Select the name of the view for mov, rgb, and tif graphics output
files. The default viewnames, defined in $MNE_ROOT/share/mne/
mne_analyze/eyes, are lat (lateral), med (medial), ven(ventral), and
occ (occipital). You can override these defaults by creating the
directory .mne under your home directory and copying the eyes file
there. Each line of the eyes file contais the name of the view, the
viewpoint for the left hemisphere, the viewpoint for the right
hemisphere, left hemisphere up vector, and right hemisphere up vector.
The entities are separated by semicolons. Lines beginning with the
pound sign (#) are considered to be comments.

The viewpoints are controlled by the "eyes" file. As you can see from
the above, you can create a personalized copy in $HOME/.mne directory.
The default options in addition to lat are: med, ven, and occ.

I hope this helps

- Matti

---------

Matti Hamalainen, Ph.D.
Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
Massachusetts General Hospital

msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu