[Mne_analysis] mne matlab registration error

Chindhuri Selvadurai chinsel at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Oct 26 16:13:30 EDT 2010

Hello,

I need help troubleshooting a problem I am having with mne. If this isn't
the correct forum, could you refer me to someone who may have suggestions?

When I open matlab, I get this error warning:

"Warning: Executing startup failed in matlabrc.This indicates a
potentially serious problem in your MATLAB setup, which should be resolved
as soon as possible.  Error detected was: MATLAB:UndefinedFunction
Undefined function or variable 'mne_setup_toolbox'."

This is a problem because I am not able to register my functionals to my
structurals using a bbregister script.

I noticed that when I commented the mne_setup_toolbox in my matlab.m file,
I no longer see that undefined function/variable error at matlab startup,
and I can run my registration script.

I tried changing the spm path to spm5 and it didn't fix the problem.

For one of my projects, I am exclusively using freesurfer5 but another one
I am using freesurfer4. Do you think this is a matlab problem?

The command line is: bbregister --s RMCON051 --mov ../bold/009/f.nii --reg
../bold/register.dat --init-spm --bold
Scripts directory: /space/ventzl/36/users/RespMon12C/scripts
SUBJECTS_DIR: /space/ventzl/36/users/RespMon12C/subjects

What do you suggest I do now? Any help would be appreciated, thank you!