[Mne_analysis] phase locking analysis with MNE

Elisabeth Fonteneau Elisabeth.Fonteneau at mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk
Thu Sep 16 14:53:12 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I am running a phase-locking analysis on MEG/EEG combined source data on the single trial level.

And I have a quick question for this mailing list

I was wondering whether the number of trials used for computing the Phase Lock Value (PLV) will affect the synchrony results?

I meant if I am comparing 2 conditions with different numbers of trials in each (let's say N=50 vs N=100) do you think that the synchrony will change because of different signal to noise ratio?

I am asking this because I have done such comparison, and strangely this is the condition with the less number of items that is showing increasing synchrony compared to the condition with the larger number (in the gamma band).

It will be very helpful if somebody already came across this issue, and/or if you can point me toward a relevant paper discussing this problem.

Thx to all for reading!

Best,

Elisabeth

Dr Elisabeth Fonteneau
MRC Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit
15 Chaucer Road
Cambridge CB2 7EF
England
Tel:  +44 (0)1223 355294 (extension 263)
Fax:  +44 (0)1223 359062

Email: elisabeth.fonteneau at mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk
Web: http://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/people/elisabeth.fonteneau/