[Mne_analysis] writting raw fif files with mne_ex_read_write_raw

Alexandre Gramfort gramfort at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Apr 20 19:32:43 EDT 2011

Hi Elisabeth,

data are stored in buffers in fif files, so to do what you want to do
I would read
the entire raw data by chunks and store the chunks in one big matlab matrix.
Then apply your artifact rejection method before writing again the
data by chunks.
It requires a bit of coding though.

Regarding the ICA, beware that magnetometers and gradiometers have
different scales and if you don't pay attention your ICA will be dominated
by the signals with the highest variance ie. the magnetometers.

Alex