[Mne_analysis] regarding artifact removal of resting state data

Pavan Ramkumar pavan at neuro.hut.fi
Fri Apr 22 10:23:23 EDT 2011

Dear all,

Just to add to this discussion on artifact removal (especially the
DC-level jumps which are common to several channels), here is a quick and
dirty approach that has worked for me.

For each channel
1. Differentiate the signal so that the DC jumps show up as large spikes
2. Replace the large spikes by the median of its neighborhood (median filter)
3. Re-integrate the signal

In general it seems to be more robust than ICA to remove DC-level jumps.

Best,
Pavan