[Mne_analysis] "mne_process_raw" vs "mne_raw2mat" sample # mismatch

Matt Panichello panichem at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Fri Aug 5 15:44:43 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am reading raw data into matlab using mne_raw2mat. For the files I have
read in, I have noticed a mismatch between the sample numbering in the
resulting matlab structure and the sample numbering in the event file
produced mne_browse_raw.

For example, a particular trigger value (3) first appears at column number
64,016 in my MNE_raw.data structure in the STI 14 row, while it is listed at
sample 72,415 in the event file produced by mne_browse_raw.

Does anyone have any idea what the source of the sample # mismatch could be?
I tried manipulating the "keep initial skip" option in mne_browse_raw but
this didn't seem to make any difference in the event file output.

Thanks,

Matt