[Mne_analysis] "mne_process_raw" vs "mne_raw2mat" sample # mismatch

Matti Hamalainen msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Aug 9 05:01:53 EDT 2011

On Aug 8, 2011, at 2:04 PM, Alexandre Gramfort wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> glad this solved the pb. The current choice makes the content of event files
> and the output of mne_raw2mat consistent which is I feel a good behavior.

Hi Matt,

An additional comment: Why do you go to the trouble of using mne_raw2mat at all? You can read the raw data quite efficiently with the MNE matlab routines directly without the conversion and wasted disk space.

Incidentally, the first line in the (text) event file also tells you the offset you need to subtract from the event sample numbers to get to the sample numbers in mne_raw2mat output.

- Matti