[Mne_analysis] generating scalp surfaces

Vema Krishnamurthy, Santosh Santosh.VemaKrishnamurthy at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Wed Aug 10 14:14:52 EDT 2011

Hello Everyone,

I have an application outside freesurfer/mne where I need the scalp/face surface from the MRI file. I was able to generate the scalp surface through mne analysis pipeline in the bem folders, but when I read the subject-outer_skin.surf file in matlab using the read_surf command I see that the facial features (nose, eyes, lips, chin) are not clear. But when I viewed the MRI file using mrilab I can see the facial features clearly. So I was wondering if there is a way to get good face shape from the MRI file. I'm also up for any suggestions/hints.

Thanks and Regards,
Santosh Vema KrishnaMurthy, M.A.Sc
Medical Devices Engineer
NRC Institute for Biodiagnostics (Atlantic)
Elekta/IWK MEG Research office
Ph: (902) 470-3984