[Mne_analysis] Averaging with mne_process_raw: zero-ed trials included?

Per Lysne plysne at mrn.org
Thu Aug 18 14:10:15 EDT 2011

Hello,

    I am working with MEG data collected on a Elekta Neuromag scanner and
processed with the maxfilter utility. Segments of my data become zero-ed out
in the maxtiler output, which I believe may be due to head motion beyond
some threshold where the motion correction feature no longer functions.
Post-maxfilter I begin processing with the MNE utilities. I would like to
avoid any zero-valued trials being included in an EMF or covariance matrix
created using mne_process_raw. Does mne_process_raw include any detection
for such trials, or does it include all trials which it is given? (For
instance, if all MEG channels are fixed at zero for the entire duration of
the trial.)

    Thanks again,

Per Lysne
University of New Mexico/Mind Research Network