[Mne_analysis] Bad channels

Matti Hamalainen msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Aug 30 16:24:55 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Aug 30, 2011, at 10:36 AM, maahmed at mappi.helsinki.fi wrote:

> Dear Matti,
>
> I am trying to mark the channels with the value=0 early in the
> pre-process ,as to avoid the NaN error (not a number) ,later on when i
> try to divide by channel sizes.
>
> As per the mne 2.7 manual  (part 11.4.1) The command is:
>
> mne_mark_bad_channels --bad subjectid_bads.bad subjectid.fif
>
> However the .bad file (which is  a text file) must contain all the
> channel names (http://tinyurl.com/3p5pg8h)
>
> So, In the .ds original folder the channel names are found in this
> file called HZ.acq .I assume so because the word "ChannelName" is
> repeated in the the file when opened with notepad.
> However ,The channel names are too scattered in notepad to be of use.
> It can be read via this software (http://tinyurl.com/43ros3a) which
> requires a visual basic platform .
> Any ideas on how to obtain a list of the channel names ?

Here is another kludge to list the channel names on the command line:

mne_show_fiff --verbose --tag 203 --in subjectid.fif | awk -F \" '{ print $2 }'

the bad channel file contains the names of the bad channels only, not all of them.

- Matti

---------

Matti Hamalainen, Ph.D.
Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
Massachusetts General Hospital

msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu