[Mne_analysis] mne-python

Alexandre Gramfort gramfort at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Jul 6 18:12:17 EDT 2011

Hi William,

> In going through the tutorial for the new mne-python tools, I have a few questions I could use some help with. First of all, though, let me say that I think adding this functionality using python is very exciting!

glad you like it !

> Anyway, here are my questions so far:
>
> 1) In the section entitled "Read and plot a segment of raw data", unless I'm missing something, I don't see a command for plotting the selected segment of raw data.

correct.

see the example:

https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python/blob/master/examples/plot_read_and_write_raw_data.py

the full gallery of examples should be public soon when we make public the new
mne website.

> 2) Similarly, for the time-frequency section, what are the commands for producing the graphs shown at the end of that section?

see:

https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python/blob/master/examples/time_frequency/plot_time_frequency.py

> 3) The MEG sample dataset I downloaded using the
>
> data_path = sample.data_path()
> command did not come with a "labels" subdirectory. So in the "Inverse modeling" section, I can't "compute dSPM on a raw file within a label".

I am glad you've reached this point of the tutorial.
We need to update the sample data set with the labels.

put the labels folder attached in MEG/sample.

I am at a conference currently and I'll be back at work in a few days
to take care of all this.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hope this helps.

> PS: The links at the very bottom of the mne-python page (the "Want to know more?" section) don't seem to work for non-Martinos/MGH people like me.

yes. The new mne website is not publicly available.

It should be up soon.