[Mne_analysis] mne-python

Graves, William wgraves at mcw.edu
Fri Jul 8 12:56:52 EDT 2011

Hi Alex,

Thanks very much for your help. I have another question that I feel is very basic, but I'm still finding my legs with python and I can't yet seem to figure this one out on my own. In the "Access raw data" section of the mne-python page, the command:

data_path = sample.data_path()

downloads the sample dataset from MGH. But my question is, if I have already downloaded it, how do I set the path to recognize where it is currently located, rather than having to download it again? It looks like this function comes from the "__init__.py" script in the "mne-python/mne/datasets/sample" directory, but in spite my trying to parse it I still can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks,
Will

On Jul 6, 2011, at 5:12 PM, Alexandre Gramfort wrote:

> Hi William,
>
>> In going through the tutorial for the new mne-python tools, I have a few questions I could use some help with. First of all, though, let me say that I think adding this functionality using python is very exciting!
>
> glad you like it !
>
>> Anyway, here are my questions so far:
>>
>> 1) In the section entitled "Read and plot a segment of raw data", unless I'm missing something, I don't see a command for plotting the selected segment of raw data.
>
> correct.
>
> see the example:
>
> https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python/blob/master/examples/plot_read_and_write_raw_data.py
>
> the full gallery of examples should be public soon when we make public the new
> mne website.
>
>> 2) Similarly, for the time-frequency section, what are the commands for producing the graphs shown at the end of that section?
>
> see:
>
> https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python/blob/master/examples/time_frequency/plot_time_frequency.py
>
>> 3) The MEG sample dataset I downloaded using the
>>
>> data_path = sample.data_path()
>> command did not come with a "labels" subdirectory. So in the "Inverse modeling" section, I can't "compute dSPM on a raw file within a label".
>
> I am glad you've reached this point of the tutorial.
> We need to update the sample data set with the labels.
>
> put the labels folder attached in MEG/sample.
>
> I am at a conference currently and I'll be back at work in a few days
> to take care of all this.
>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> hope this helps.
>
>> PS: The links at the very bottom of the mne-python page (the "Want to know more?" section) don't seem to work for non-Martinos/MGH people like me.
>
> yes. The new mne website is not publicly available.
>
> It should be up soon.
>
> Alex

> <labels.zip>

---