[Mne_analysis] single trial artifact rejection

Jonathan McDaniel jonmcd33 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 19 15:31:50 EDT 2011

Hello all,

I would like to do a single trial artifact rejection in the MNE stream by
removing time windows of data containing artifacts, as opposed to performing
an ICA correction.  One way of doing this seems to be to read the raw.fif
file into matlab, perform a threshold detection, remove a time window about
the detected events, and then write the data back out as a .fif file for the
remaining analysis.  Is there a simpler, more builtin way to do this?  I
know that for an evoked paradigm, you could specify certain criteria in the
average file, and it would reject a trial not fitting those criteria.
 However, as this is a single trial analysis, I don't want to average and
thus it seems I can't make use of this step.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonathan