[Mne_analysis] Do I need to setup mri and do watershed etc procedure every time I re-analyze the data

Hari Bharadwaj hari at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Jun 1 19:37:14 EDT 2011

Hi,
  I wouldn't get a chance to go through your scripts but I'm attempting to
answer just the last question about #trials:

MNE is only weakly affected by the #trials especially when you have a
larger #trials to start with since it enters the calculation only as a
weighting between data fit and the prior (the norm penalty). Ultimately it
is in units of real current (nA).

dSPM and sLORETA on the other hand normalize the MNE further by the
estimated source noise variance and since that goes down with increase in
#trials, one would expect the dSPM and sLORETA to sort of go up
proportional to sqrt(N) where N = #trials.

If the estimate of the noise covariance has converged and good (i.e large
degree of freedom), then I personally don't have a particular preferance
for MNE or dSPM when it comes to group level averaging since MNE is nA and
dSPM/sLORETA are z-scores (when source orientation is fixed apriori).

Regards,
Hari

Hari Bharadwaj