[Mne_analysis] depth weighting

Pavan Ramkumar pavan at neuro.hut.fi
Mon Jun 13 15:56:48 EDT 2011

Thanks a lot Dan and Hari!

I did try looking into the script of mne_do_inverse_operator but I haven't
managed to figure it out yet. I'm not sure what command line args to
specify for input parameters I don't use such as $eeg and $fixed

I read through Lin et al. 2006 and it appears from their discussion that
MNE without dSPM is better for deep sources. This was useful.

I'm currently playing with simulated sources in odd places like medial
prefrontal cx and cingulate cx; but a depth weighting exponent of 0.8
estimates the cingulate source in the posterior STG/auditory cx, even for
a surface decimation of ~3-mm separation (ico-5). I wonder whether
increasing the exponent would help in this regard.

Thanks for any advice.

Best regards,
Pavan