[Mne_analysis] Averaging multiple event classes in mne_process_raw

Per Lysne plysne at mrn.org
Wed Jun 15 16:46:35 EDT 2011

Hello All,

    My apologies if this question has been posted before. I would like to
create an average of the epochs from several different stimulus conditions
in my experiment. Unfortunately I did not have the foresight to specify a
single trigger bit that would achieve the desired combination, and the
"ignore" mask will not serve either. (The decimal triggers, are 1, 4, 7, and
8, but I need to exclude 10.) The 2.7.3 manual mentions being able to
include multiple events into an average (sect. 4.13.3, pg 79, new text in
the uppermost change bar under "events" heading). However, I do not seem to
be able to make this feature work. I have tried including multiple "event"
lines in my category block, including the multiple codes (with and without
comma separators) on a single event line, and adding the codes together (20)
as is suggested by the sample.ave file from the median nerve example.

    Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks in advance,

Per Lysne
MIND Research Network/University of New Mexico