[Mne_analysis] outer skull creation

Jeff Eriksen jefferiksen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 20:34:12 EST 2011

To MNE support:

I am trying to create the BEM mesh for use in MNE. I am working solely with
EEG data, so have not access to seglab. Nor do I have the special multiecho
FLASH images. I have tried watershed first, but the outer skull surface it
gives is not useable, including most of the throat and neck volume.

Thus it seems I must try the BrainSuite program. Before I do so, has anyone
any experience like mine where FreeSurfer's watershed fails to get a good
outer skull? Do I have any hope with BrainSuite if FSrfr failed?

Thanks,
-Jeff