[Mne_analysis] t-test in source space?

Graves, William wgraves at mcw.edu
Thu Oct 6 17:55:26 EDT 2011

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply. In addition to using the standard scipy.stats functions, it would be nice to be able to take advantage of some of the fancier tools you've developed in mne-python, like the permutation_t_test and permutation_cluster_test functions. The examples you give for their usage are in sensor space. I've tried simply feeding them stc data instead, with this kind of usage:

threshold = 2.1
T_obs, clusters, cluster_p_values, H0 = \
                permutation_cluster_test([cond1_stc.data, cond2_stc.data],
                            n_permutations=1000, threshold=threshold, tail=0,
                            n_jobs=7)

But when I do, shape(T_obs), I get the following:
(241,), which I suppose is the number of samples, but no information about the vertices. It's a similar story when I try using permutation_t_test.

Am I missing something obvious here, or do these functions simply not work for stc/source files? Perhaps I'm just calling them wrong or misunderstanding the output. Either way, I'd appreciate any help you could give.

Thanks again,
Will