[Mne_analysis] using elp files

Jeff Eriksen eriksenj at ohsu.edu
Sat Oct 22 18:46:39 EDT 2011

HI,

I am trying to create an elp file of electrode positions and use it with the sample data. I have followed the EMSE file format posted on their file formats web page. This file is attached. I am not sure how to incorporate it into the process explained in the Chapter 12 tutorial. What I did try, to confirm that the elp file is readable, is the mne_convert_dig_data routine. It gave this output:

________________________________

kje-macbook:sample jefferiksen$ mne_convert_dig_data --elp gsn257.elp --fifout gsn257.fif

mne_convert_dig_data version 1.2 compiled at Dec 21 2009 19:50:38

input file (elp)  : gsn257.elp
outputfile (fif)  : gsn257.fif

Reading the digitization data from gsn257.elp
Got LPA :    0.0  105.6  -20.5 mm
Got RPA :  -78.3    4.5  -37.6 mm
Got RPA :  -78.3    4.5  -37.6 mm
bad floating point number : %N

kje-macbook:sample jefferiksen$

I note that it messed up on the fiducials, and did not like the %N somewhere.

Can you tell me if I made any mistakes in the elp file format? Thanks,

-Jeff