[Mne_analysis] importing EGI Net Station EEG data into MNE

Jeff Eriksen eriksenj at ohsu.edu
Mon Oct 24 20:33:29 EDT 2011

Alex,

I am just getting back to this topic. When I first saw your email, I
thought you were pointing me to a separate MNE  Matlab toolbox, but this
is just the same Matlab scripts that come with the MNE distribution. I do
not yet know enough to be able to understand these or use them properly.
My overall goal is this:

Start with probe.elp file containing electrode coordinates
Start with Matlab file with EEG data )and basic info such as sampling rate
and number of channels)
Convert the above to a fif file (best I can tell now is that they are
combined in a single fif file?)
Run FreeSurfer on my T1 MRI (this I can do OK)

At this point I should be able to take my own data and follow the example
in Chapter 12 to register the electrodes to the MRI, generate a source
model and solve the forward and then inverse problems.

I do not see how I can get my data in and save as a fif file using these
Matlab scripts. Probably some combination of them can. I will continue
reading the MNE manual from the beginning now, I guess.

TIA for any further suggestions.
-Jeff