[Mne_analysis] Problem using mne_analyze

Peter Glynn pglynn at bu.edu
Wed Sep 21 15:58:06 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am new to MNE (and linux) and I am running through the sample data set for
practice. Everything seemed to be working fine until I had to use
mne_analze. I loaded the digitizer data from the sample_audvis_raw.fif file,
and got a message saying that 146 digitizer points had been loaded from the
file. But nothing was brought up in the gui besides this message, so I'm not
sure this step worked completely. When I went to load the inflated surface,
a message appears in the gui saying "No data loaded" and the following
appears in the terminal window:

/home/pglynn/Desktop/SampleData/subjects/sample/surf/lh.inflated ...
Quad file : nvert = 154409 nquad = 154430
        Warning : zero size triangle # 40062
        Triangle and vertex normals and neighboring triangles...[done]
        Vertex neighbors...[done]
        Distances between neighboring vertices...[926574 distances done]
        Warning: 6 vertices had incorrect number of distinct neighbors
(fixed).
/home/pglynn/Desktop/SampleData/subjects/sample/surf/rh.inflated ...
Quad file : nvert = 150548 nquad = 150574
        Triangle and vertex normals and neighboring triangles...[done]
        Vertex neighbors...[done]
        Distances between neighboring vertices...[903438 distances done]
        Warning: 6 vertices had incorrect number of distinct neighbors
(fixed).
Warning : /home/pglynn/Desktop/SampleData/subjects/sample/mri/T1.mgz does
not exist or is not readable

Any ideas as to what the problem is? When would the T1.mgz file have been
generated/modified? Was my download incomplete from the beginning? Any help
would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Peter