[Mne_analysis] Problem using mne_analyze

Alexandre Gramfort gramfort at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Thu Sep 22 09:05:36 EDT 2011

Hello Peter,

> I am new to MNE (and linux) and I am running through the sample data set for
> practice. Everything seemed to be working fine until I had to use
> mne_analze. I loaded the digitizer data from the sample_audvis_raw.fif file,
> and got a message saying that 146 digitizer points had been loaded from the
> file. But nothing was brought up in the gui besides this message, so I'm not
> sure this step worked completely.

yes so far so good.

> When I went to load the inflated surface,
> a message appears in the gui saying "No data loaded" and the following
> appears in the terminal window:

> /home/pglynn/Desktop/SampleData/subjects/sample/surf/lh.inflated ...
> Quad file : nvert = 154409 nquad = 154430
>         Warning : zero size triangle # 40062
>         Triangle and vertex normals and neighboring triangles...[done]
>         Vertex neighbors...[done]
>         Distances between neighboring vertices...[926574 distances done]
>         Warning: 6 vertices had incorrect number of distinct neighbors
> (fixed).
> /home/pglynn/Desktop/SampleData/subjects/sample/surf/rh.inflated ...
> Quad file : nvert = 150548 nquad = 150574
>         Triangle and vertex normals and neighboring triangles...[done]
>         Vertex neighbors...[done]
>         Distances between neighboring vertices...[903438 distances done]
>         Warning: 6 vertices had incorrect number of distinct neighbors
> (fixed).
> Warning : /home/pglynn/Desktop/SampleData/subjects/sample/mri/T1.mgz does
> not exist or is not readable

are you sure that this mri volume is at this location on your hard disk?

For the next you need to go in View > Show viewer

then options and click on digitizer data.

> Any ideas as to what the problem is? When would the T1.mgz file have been
> generated/modified? Was my download incomplete from the beginning? Any help
> would be much appreciated! Thanks!

hope this helps

if you want the new sample dataset preprocessed that will be coming
with the new release of MNE:

ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/pub/data/MNE-sample-data-processed.tar.gz