[Mne_analysis] mne_make_eeg_layout

Matti Hamalainen msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Fri Sep 23 13:23:31 EDT 2011

Hi Santosh,

On Sep 23, 2011, at 1:09 PM, Vema Krishnamurthy, Santosh wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I scanned the EEG cap using a laser scanner and I was able to get the locations of EEG electrodes in 3d (x, y, z) and I translated them into fiducial co-ordinate frame and then I wrote the EEG electrode locations to a fif file using fiff_write_dig_file and then I'm trying to use the mne_make_eeg_layout to make a layout file (convert the 3d co-ordinates into the 2d), so that I can label my EEG electrodes. But I'm getting error "Could not fine the channel information" when I run this code.

You need to:

1. Assign the EEG electrode coordinates to the channel information in a measurement file with this EEG electrode configuration:

mne_check_eeg_locations --file <measurement fif file> --dig <the file you saved with fiff_write_dig_file> --fix

2. Use the thus modified measurement file as input to mne_make_eeg_layout

- Matti

---------

Matti Hamalainen, Ph.D.
Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
Massachusetts General Hospital

msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu