[Mne_analysis] cannot successfully reconstruct EEG sources

Ozge Batu (Student) ozgebatu at sabanciuniv.edu
Fri Dec 21 08:20:37 EST 2012

Dear MNE users,

I am trying to solve the EEG inverse problem by using the leadfield matrix
obtained by using the MNE toolbox. Even in case of a simple simulated data
which consists of a randomly generated sparse vector of unknowns, EEG
leadfield matrix and l1-norm loss function; I cannot obtain a successful
reconstruction. I couldn't figure out why the leadfield matrix results in
such inaccurate solutions. Could it be related to the spark, nullity or any
other property of the matrix? The leadfield matrix and the sample script
that I used can be downloaded from
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19664203/simulated_problem_mne.7z.
I'd appreciate if you could help me to understand the reasons behind this.
Thank you for your time.

Best,

Ozge