[Mne_analysis] [ANN] MNE-Python 0.5 release

Alexandre Gramfort gramfort at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Thu Dec 27 03:52:57 EST 2012

Hi,

I am pleased to announce the new 0.5 release of mne-python.

This release comes with a huge number of new features and usability improvements
thanks to our growing number of contributors. A few highlights are:

- connectivity module in sensor and source space (see Christmas gift attached)
- independent component analysis (ICA)
- spatio-temporal cluster-level statistics in source space
- new interactive topography plotting functions (click to zoom) with
ERP images among others
- support of fif.gz files to store GZip compressed files
- new logging system that allows to store printed messages in text files
- resampling of raw data
- save epochs in fif files
- handle multiple conditions in Epochs
- time-frequency (TF) MxNE inverse method
- exporters to other python data analysis libraries, i.e., pandas and nitime
- etc.

See the detailed summary on the what's new page:

http://martinos.org/mne/whats_new.html

As usual we welcome bug reports, feature requests and even more contributions.

Some links:

- https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python (code + readme on how to install)
- http://martinos.org/mne (full MNE documentation)
- http://martinos.org/mne/auto_examples/index.html (the Python examples)