[Mne_analysis] Creating Events in fif file

Herlihy, Anna anna_herlihy at brown.edu
Wed Jul 25 11:47:29 EDT 2012

Hi!

I'm currently working with Catherine Kerr on some meditation data
(collected at Martinos) and would like to use the mne python library.

We are looking to run induced power on our data sets using the python mne
tool. Unfortunately our data is resting data and does not have easily
recognizable events (not much is picked up by mne.find_events), and we'd
like to define our own events/epochs. We'd also like to look at data with
no events.

Is there a way to do this with python?  If not, is there a way to predefine
these events using another tool (maybe mne_browse_raw) and then plug the
.fif output into mne's induced_power function.

I'm quite new to all of this and would appreciate any help you may have!

Thank you,

Anna