[Mne_analysis] Trouble convertig 4D to .fif continued --- import / export open MEG format?

Denis-Alexander Engemann d.engemann at fz-juelich.de
Tue Jun 26 12:00:49 EDT 2012

So far thanks to all for the helpful replies!

> you can write hdf5 from matlab or python. Writing the data is easy. It might
> be more complicated to store the measurement info structure (or
> dictionary in python).
> Note that moving away from the fif format will make things difficult to go
> all the way to the inverse problem and source estimation.

Sure, I would stick with fif files for that part, hopefully I will
succeed in creating those soon.
The idea is to pipe data which were preprocessed externally to the mne
software or to export mne data for external processing.
The first one seems more obscure to me. As you indicated the second
one should be feasible via Python.
It just would be nice (comparability of data from different sites,
software packages, etc.) to feed the MNE / mne-python with data of
arbitrary origin, e.g., whatever goes into a suitably shaped numpy
ndarray with info from some header object... something like Nibabel
for EEG/MEG.
Apparently the "hot part" depends om the fif files, which makes this
one non-trivial, I guess.

Thanks,
Denis

> let me know if you need help with that.