[Mne_analysis] mne_analyze inverse display problem

Alexandre Gramfort gramfort at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Jun 27 02:50:25 EDT 2012

hi,

> I tried ico-4 and ico-5, and still get the same results – poor correlation
> between scalp and cortical sources. I have not tried the —loose option yet,
> will do that this afternoon. I did try —diagnoise, and that seemed to
> improve matters (though I do not know why – the manual says most users never
> need to use this), but I am experiencing issues with mne_analyse in trying
> to display the three different estimates.

did you correct for the bad channel like matti suggested? did you take a look
at the noise covariance you estimated from the data? Ideally it should be
as diagonal as possible with similar values along the diagonal. See e.g.

http://martinos.org/mne/auto_examples/plot_estimate_covariance_matrix_raw.html

for an example of noise covariance plot.

> As I change from dSPM, which comes
> up as defult, to MNE, the inflated brain pane goes white, and I cannot get
> it back until I exit and go back in. Ever seen this before?

you certainly need to adjust the scaling of the colorbar.

do you see something like this:

http://martinos.org/mne/_images/MNE_preferences.png

taken from : http://martinos.org/mne/manual/analyze.html#ch-interactive-analysis