[Mne_analysis] Visual artifact rejection

Alexandre Gramfort gramfort at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Thu Mar 8 15:39:11 EST 2012

hi steve,

> Thanks for your response. I'm actually not thinking of any particular
> artifact, I was just asking for curiosity's sake; in my past studies I have
> always done artifact rejection manually rather than via an algorithm, and I
> am now interested in moving my data pipeline to MNE but doing artifact
> rejection and other preprocessing in a way that is maximally similar to what
> I was doing before.

an option I see it to mark events manually in mne_browse_raw and then use a
bit of code to flatten the channels during the bad periods before passing it
to MNE that can reject based on flat channels.

> I noticed that the FieldTrip toolbox has a function for
> exporting its data to MNE, so it looks like my best option might be to do
> the manual artifact rejection in FieldTrip and then import to MNE for the
> rest of the preprocessing.

that's option but be sure that fieldtrip does not loose any important info
along the way. I've never tried that but maybe someone here can share his
experience.