[Mne_analysis] forward model having only segmentation files

Alexandre Gramfort gramfort at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Fri Mar 9 16:09:21 EST 2012

Hi Anton,

I agree with Dan. You should work with a volume source space.

It's not going to be trivial but the way to go is:

- extract the BEM surfaces and write them a folder matching
${SUBJECTS_DIR}/${SUBJECT}/bem

see the mne-sample-data for an example of database layout

you'll probably need to have surface in the
${SUBJECTS_DIR}/${SUBJECT}/mri folder to mne_analyze to be able to do
the coregistration.

- then you can run the forward computation see:

https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-scripts/blob/master/sample-data/run_meg_volume_tutorial.sh

- then with python you can run an inverse computation. See:

http://www.martinos.org/mne/auto_examples/inverse/plot_compute_mne_inverse_volume.html

you should then be able to write a nifty or .mgh file to overlay the
activations on the volume e.g. with freeview shipped with freesurfer

may the force be with you !

Alex