[Mne_analysis] No Isotrak data found in (raw .fif file)

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 14:52:56 EDT 2012

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your suggestion. Yes, I meant mne_do_forward_solution, sorry
about that!

Explicitly passing the good trans.fif file would definitely be the easiest
option for me. But are you sure --mricoord is the option for that? When I
checked the manual it said this is just an option that can be turned on to
do computations in the MRI coordinate system (rather than a parameter that
I can pass a filename to). Just in case, I tried it out, but still got the
error (in this, "subj006" is my bad file and "subj006_auditory" is the good
run from the same subject):

mne_do_forward_solution --mindist 5 --meas
$SAMPLE/MEG/subj006/subj006_ave.fif --bem subj006-5120-bem-sol.fif
--megonly --mricoord subj006_auditory_raw-trans.fif

I also tried passing the good trans.fif in using the --trans option:

mne_do_forward_solution --mindist 5 --meas
$SAMPLE/MEG/subj006/subj006_ave.fif --bem subj006-5120-bem-sol.fif
--megonly --trans subj006_auditory_raw-trans.fif

which also didn't work--according to the manual --trans expects a text file
containing a 4x4 matrix, and I don't think that's what's in the trans.file?
I tried making my own text file by just typing in the values from the
rotation matrix that I see when manually doing the MEG-MRI coordinate
alignment, but that didn't work either.

Do you have any other ideas how to pass the good trans.fif file in? I
assume I must be missing something obvious :)

Best,
Steve

--
Stephen Politzer-Ahles