[Mne_analysis] No Isotrak data found in (raw .fif file)

dgw dgwakeman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 15:09:45 EDT 2012

Hi Stephen,

It sounds like you actually, have two problems at the moment. The first
one we can solve now (I think...;)). I have noticed some strange
behavior in the stable version of MNE with "-trans.fif" files. I do not
think it can handle these files properly. What I recommend you do is:

start mne_analyze
use the "good" fif file (the one with the HPI) to load the digitization
points
do the coordinate alignment
Then save the "MRI set"

(At this point, I like to go in and rename this file, because I find the
default naming difficult to keep track of (previous versions allowed
custom naming)). If you want to do this use:

mv $SUBJECTS_DIR/$SUBJECT/mri/T1-neuromag/sets/<name of the newest
file>$SUBJECTS_DIR/$SUBJECT/mri/T1-neuromag/sets/<your preferred name>.fif

then use mne_do_forward_solution with --mri <your preferred name>.fif
. do not use --mricoord.

This should work

The second problem is your average file, The following trick may work.
Try putting the file with HPI data first in the list of files you use
for averaging i.e. the first --raw file (obviously change the order of
.ave & .cov files as well). I believe MNE will take the first file's
data for the HPI information.

Also, if these don't work. Try providing more information about your
MATLAB difficulties for assistance (this code should be working, though
your raw data problems may require some additional code to be added to
add in missing information).

HTH